UNGM-DR offers services on reverse engineering for various assemblies, components and devices.
Reverse engineering is copying a product using a sample.
It includes recreation of engineering documentation that can be used for manufacturing the similar product.
Reverse engineering is used when
- it is necessary to manufacture a product without any documentation available;
- the existing product documentation is not complete, lost or has errors;
- it is necessary to upgrade the existing product, but its documentation is not available;
- it is necessary to find and evaluate advantages and disadvantages of competitor’s products;
- a product or its spare parts are discontinued or too expensive.
Technically, copying of a product consists of the following steps:
- Disassembly of a product
- Determining the materials used
- For critical parts a laboratory material analysis is made
- Measuring the parts, obtaining 3D models
- General assembly, fitting
Reverse engineering is a complex process and each project should be treated individually both from issuing engineering documentation and duplicating feasibility perspective.
ROMER absolute arm 7325SI with integrated scanner
7 axis arm with the world’s first completely integrated laser scanner
Measuring range of 2.5m